Saturday, August 6, 2011

My last week briefly


Sunday 31/7 : Art and footie
On sunday morning I went to an art gallery in Murray Bridge which I liked very much. I was there with Sam and Liz (my first host parents), I give my thanks. After the gallery one of my host dads, Robin, picked me up and we drove to Adelaide to see a footiematch (Australian Football) where Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide were put against each other. AND CROWS WON! Footie is a wonderful game!! :)))

 A Drawing of a Bunyip

 Abstract.. I think it tells something about death


 Sandyy


 Footiefootiefootie


GO CROWS!!



Monday-Friday 1-5/8 - The schoolweek
My first full schoolweek was which very.. experienceful. I had many awkward situations with these Australian students for example the way they run around the schoolyard and hallways, the way they yell at each others and teachers and the way they ask a bit personal information at the first time we meet(YES, I'm talking about you Tahlee!!).. But I've found many nice people from the school who to hang out with but sometimes it is a bit uncomfortable when people start yelling at me just because I am an exchange student.. 

Also the schooldays are a bit boring because in english we just do some sort of advertisements(?), in maths we do thing's I've been learning when I was on the 9th grade, in PE(Physical Education) we do only theoretical stuff and in photography we just sit on computers and play with photoshop(?!). I have also history, which is just fun because the teacher is so casual and we are just mythbusting in the classroom and I have arts and drama which are both just amazing because arts is arts and in drama we'll play Narnia's The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, after few weeks I'll know if I can be Mr Tumnus!!



Friday 5/8 - Amadani Scouts
At friday I had a scout meeting again and it was just amazing! This time I had planned some Finnish scout program for them and it went so well! I begun by showing them the Finnish scout uniform and it's all meanings and it was so cool when everyone was listening so carefully. Then we went outside to play "törtsän kaatoa" (let's translate it "schmuck's knockdown") and they all liked it! After schmuck's knockdown we went inside and I showed them some pictures of Finnish scouts and I commentated what was happening and they all were confused because there were snow all over the place! In evening we played "let's give birth"-game, "Nazi police"-game and for new to me ¡¡¡ sock wrestling !!!



Saturday 6/8 - Victor Harbor
Woke up early, an hour in a car driving to the coast to see Sam and Liz's daughter and her family. First we saw Sam and Liz's grandson playing footie and granddaughter playing netball. In Victor Harbor we went geocaching to a small island called Granite Island. We had lot's of fun and in the evening we had a barbaque and I got to taste kangaroo's meat(!!!) and I can tell you that IT WAS GOOD!!



Miss y'all! 
C'ya!!

1 comment:

Anniina said...

Ooo, kuulostaa nii siistiltä :DD